Monday, March 23, 2015

The Brooklyn Dog # 7: The power of Oxytocin, Hot Dudes with Dogs, and the little lamb that stole the show



Check the trailer for Max. I really thought this was a joke, like an American Sniper spoof, but apparently it's a real movie about a German Shepherd suffering PTSD after a stint in Afghanistan. While watching Am Snipe I was very tuned into the war dogs roaming the dusty grounds (so nervous Coop was gonna clip one!); I guess now's my chance to watch a whole movie about one of them. And Lorelai Gilmore is in it! On Christmas 2011, while the rest of my family went to see War Horse, I sat it out in favor of rom-com New Year's Eve because on principle I refused to watch a movie starring a horse. (I can be kind of speciesist.) I guess I should probably see Max on account of my being a huge advocate of all things dog, but I kinda get the feeling I'm gonna be wincing the whole time.


2 new dog-centric Instagram accounts you should be following:



Dogs of the American Ballet Theatre (search #dogsofabt)


Hot Dudes with Dogs (from Elite Daily's Kaylin Pound, who also started Rich Dogs of Instagram)


Language of Dogs

Know what it means to "alpha up"? Or what NDF stands for? Learn dog-walker lingo in this NY Times interactive.

Dog Science

It sounds like Oxytocin, the "cuddle hormone," might be the reason you and your dog have such great chemistry.

Dog Sports


Check the women mushers of the Iditarod [NY Times]


Honorable mention this week goes to Smokey the lamb, who to say the least has dined out around NYC in the past few days more than I have in the past two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment